Drinking a green smoothie always feels SO right. I'm not sure if its all mental for me, but when I drink my veggies I feel like I can accomplish anything. It's an energy booster, it doesn't weigh me down, and it is soothing for the tummy. This smoothie is on the top of my list. It has a milk shake texture with the classic mint chocolate chip flavor of your favorite ice cream. Did I mention that this smoothie is also full of antioxidants from the cacao nibs PLUS you already get a veggie serving and its not even lunch yet!
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 10 mint leaves, stems removed
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- honey/agave/coconut nectar to sweeten
- 1 cup almond milk, plus more if too thick
- Put all ingredients in a blender. I like to freeze my bananas (easy to do, peel, cut into chunks and pop in a ziploc into your freezer), but if you don't have those you can add a ripe banana and a few ice cubes. Blend until everything is mixed. The cacao nibs won't be completely crushed and add a nice crunch to your smoothie.
Drink this for breakfast (or desert). It will keep you satisfied for hours and your stomach will love you.
this is a test